BAU 2021 ONLINE, after being announced as a hybrid event, has gone fully digital. This is in view of the continued uncertainty due to the prevailing pandemic situation. BAU is one of the most well-attended shows on buildings industry. The BAU 2021 goes live from January 13-15. Product categories at BAU include:
- Windows & Doors
- Building Automation including Access Control
- Fittings & Profiles
- Bathrooms, Sanitary and Plumbing Solutions
- Lifts & Escalators
- Roofing Solutions
- Timber Construction
- Electrical Installations & Appliances
- Cladding & Glazing
- Construction Chemicals
In addition to the exhibitors in the building materials categories, visitors to BAU 2021 ONLINE get access to interesting and informative conference programmes. These programmes overlap the exhibition days i.e., from January 13 to 15, 2021. The guiding themes for the conference programmes are:
‘One of our sessions is called Facing the future, which could also serve as general theme of the hour,’ explains Dr. Reinhard Pfeiffer, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Messe München. He further adds, ‘BAU ONLINE will provide valuable guidance in turbulent times. Together with our partners, we have put together a substantial program with many experts from the construction industry, science and politics.’ The program will consist of three pillars – Forum Future of Building, BAU TV and Studio Bund.
- Vision of Architects and Engineers on Innovations in planning and construction over the next 3-5 years.
- Achieving sufficiently affordable living space and climate-neutral/climate-resilient buildings.
- Resource optimisation in buildings.
- How digital planning and design tools can achieve greater penetration.
- The consequences of the coronavirus for architecture and the construction industry, would be discussed in detail.
BAU TV will feature interactive programmes. It will cover short and concise case studies and best-practice examples through concise 5-minute videos. Also, this will be supported by live talks and inspiring insights. In addition, 9 start-ups of the Digital Village will compete against each other—the viewers will choose the winner in an online voting. Subsequently, the winner will be awarded a free stand space at digitalBAU in February 2022. digitalBAU is a trade show for digital solutions in the construction industry. It will be organised from February 15-17 in Cologne.
Studio Bund—live from Berlin
A live studio (Studio Bund) is being set up. This is especially for BAU 2021 ONLINE, in Berlin. From here, content on subjects like Artificial Intelligence, reducing energy consumption in construction process, etc. will be broadcast live. As a result, the audience gets to know if the latest from construction research. Likewise, practical examples will help the industry with actionable knowledge. In short, the program will count eight sessions including:
- Digital planning, building and operating between innovation and practice.
- Future vision and pandemic.
- Rethinking collaboration – From a closed-loop economy to the circular economy.
- Building for climate and climate change.
- The new normal—post-pandemic living, building and researching.
- Housing as good—social-ecological house construction, and
- Simplexity—resilient building.