Due to multitude of factors, we are always under threat from different kinds of bacteria, which are microscopic and generally thrive in warm and humid conditions. Such harmful bacteria include E.coli, salmonella, SARS, etc, which can cause serious infections among human beings such as cholera, gastric diseases, respiratory diseases etc. Therefore, it becomes extremely important for us to safeguard us from such harmful bacteria by using anti-bacterial agents, which not only destroys and prevents bacterial growth.
The most common places where such bacteria thrive are the public places like hotels, hospitals, airports etc; and out of these places, hospitals are most prone to bacterial attack. There healthcare facilities need to be sanitized regularly and properly so that the bacterial doesn’t breed there. However, despite the best measures, sometimes it becomes impossible to check the bacterial growth.
Door handles and other exit mechanism, which are used by a large number of people, are particularly prone to bacterial growth, increasing the risk of spreading the harmful bacterial infections among people.
Leading hardware manufacturer, Dorset, worked on this problem and came out with a unique solution to address this issue. The Dorset team developed “Safe Touch”; an anti-microbial and anti-bacterial coated hardware. Safe Touch uses a silver-based technology, innovated by Dorset, which prevents the spread of bacteria and other microbes. Safe Touch products are effective against a wide array of bacteria, mold, fungi, algae and mildew and provide protection against E.coli, SARS, MSRA, Salmonella, Listeria, C.difficile and various other bacterial spores. Currently, lever handles and pull handles come with this technology.
How Safe Touch works?
- Safe Touch, which is a nano-silver coating, is able to neutralize germs at the rate of 10³ germs per hour.
- Safe Touch coating destroys bacteria in three ways: by attacking the cell wall, interrupting metabolism and preventing reproduction.
- Natural: Silver is a naturally occurring, safe and non-toxic antimicrobial agent.
- Long-Lasting: Ensures and retains more than 5 years of contentious efficiency
- Tested to ISO 22196 : 2011 giving a complete reduction of more than 99.97% under the test conditions.