Minimalistic furniture is what the customers currently seek out with the rising trend of implementing open living spaces in home interiors. Hafele in partnership with Blum, offers for the very first time, a single fixing system which can enable wall cabinets, doors and pull-outs to have extremely thin fronts – Expando T. The fronts can be as thin as 8 mm and can be made up of any material, such as Dekton by Häfele, chipboard, HPL or ceramics. This latest innovation provides the customers with the ability to implement their own design ideas and stand out even more with bespoke solutions using fittings from the new range.
To fix the fittings from Blum’s new Expando T range, you need to drill holes of 10 mm in diameter and just 6 mm in depth as per requirement, insert the fittings in them and tighten the screws already pre-drilled on the fittings. As you tighten the screws, the steel teeth bite into the material of hard fronts and the nylon components ensure firm anchorage in the soft panels. Boss drilling is hence not required for the CLIP TOP BLUMOTION hinge from the Expando T Range and the BLUMOTION technology integrated within the hinge further offers the advantages of soft closing. The standard mounting plates can be used in existing fixing positions with the hinges and no changes need be made in the installation of cabinets.
- Expando-T from Blum by Hafele.
- Single fixing systems enable wall cabinets, doors and pull-outs to have very thin fronts-8 mm.
- Helps design ‘minimalistic design’ furniture.
- Boss drilling not required for the CLIP TOP BLUMOTION hinge from the Expando T Range.
- The BLUMOTION technology integrated within the hinge further offers the advantages of soft closing.