Today, it has become extremely important for planners, sanitary equipment installers and facility managers to ensure:
- drinking water systems in public sanitary facilities must be operated more hygienically and efficiently
- fittings and maintenance work is managed productively and economically
- selection of right water management systems that work with the existing building automation system.
To help these planners, installers and managers achieve these goals, SCHELL has the right – SCHELL SWS. The first water management system offering intelligent wired/wireless networking and control for fittings – especially in public sanitary facilities – intuitive to use via PC, tablet or smartphone and quickly installed via plug-and-play.
- Safe:First-class drinking water hygiene right up to the point of use with automated hygiene flushes and centrally controlled thermal disinfection
- Efficient:Energetic and economical optimization achieved by targeted control of water quantities and integration with the building automation system
- User-friendly:Operated via an intuitive, browser-based app available for popular PC, tablet and phone platforms
- Versatile:Functions for analysis, end-to-end documentation, room layout creation, setting up groups, and much more
- Intelligent: Centralized control of fitting parameters via the water management server
- Practical:System with few components avoids ordering mistakes and helps to ensure rapid installation
SWS enables the networking, control and monitoring of the associated SCHELL fittings via a centralised water management server and an intelligent software package specifically developed to operate it. The system works to the principle of ‘many features from a few components’. The system can be used to control SCHELL’s electronic washbasin, shower, WC and urinal fittings. Installations can be networked into a wired or wireless network with the corresponding bus extenders. Up to 64 subscribers (subscriber = bus extender) can be networked by each server. Gateways can then be used to integrate this system into the existing building automation system. in case you’ve wireless dog fence installed in ground then you should need another extension
At the heart of the system is the SWS server with its intelligent software. This software handles the centralised configuration of fitting parameters, stagnation flushes, performance of thermal disinfection, and all analysis and documentation work. Data from up to 64 subscribers is transferred wirelessly or via a wired bus network. The SWS server can be controlled from a master facility management system via SWS gateways. Integration with the existing automation system is completed by a system integrator. In larger buildings, multiple SWS water management systems can be operated in parallel.
SWS BE-K WIRED BUS EXTENDER
The SWS wired bus extender transfers data between the fitting and the SWS server along a cable up to 350 m in length (total length of all cables must not exceed 1,000 m). The same cable provides a supply voltage to the BE-K and fitting.
The wireless bus extender enables wireless data transfer between the SWS server and the electronic fitting. The supply voltage can be provided either via the battery compartment of the fitting or via a power adapter. When supplied with mains voltage, the wireless bus extender also functions as repeater (mesh wireless network).
SWS 30 V BUS POWER ADAPTER
The gateways enable the integration of the SWS water management system with the building automation system. A gateway translates the SWS protocol into the target standard bus protocol. Various models are available, depending on the protocols and data points that you require. One SWS gateway is required for each integrated SWS server.
SWS TEMPERATURE SENSOR
The SWS temperature probes record the water temperature: this data is used to control hygiene flushes and document system temperatures. To transfer the temperature data, the temperature probes are integrated with the SWS network either by using the bus extender of the fitting or by using a dedicated bus extender.
SWS LEAKAGE PROTECTION VALVE
The SWS leakage protection valve prevents water damage outside the building’s hours of use while also protecting drinking water hygiene. The valve shuts off the water supply centrally or in certain sections at times when the building is unused – such as at night, at the weekend or during holidays. The valve opens and closes automatically for stagnation flushes. Usage times and closing times can be easily programmed using a calendar function.