ACETECH 2022, the much-awaited architecture, furniture exhibition, design fair, and building materials show will finally…
A lot of people question what colour they should paint the walls of their home (bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, etc.) and offices on social media. While we do recommend wall paint colour combinations based on their indoor area, style, chart designs, and current décor, we also believe that it’s akin to asking what to eat for lunch on a specific day. Because there are simply too many possibilities! And the decision is based on your personality, preferences, and desired outcome. Right?
But, choosing paint colours for every corner of your home (bedroom, living room, bathroom, kitchen, etc.) comes with certain limitations. We have curated a list of the best tips to choose the right paint color for your home.
How to choose the best paint colours for home?
- Recognize where you want the room’s focal point to be. If you want the walls to be the centre of attention, choose strong, brilliant colours.
- If you want people’s attention to be drawn to the room’s decor, choose light, neutral colours with simple designs.
- Purchase a few different shades of tester paint and paint a wide area on a few different walls to see how the light hits it at different times of the day.
- Check the paint colour charts for home and understand all combinations before choosing the right tone for your space.
- Recognize the distinctions between a warm and a cool undertone. Before you choose an undertone, consider how it will affect the overall aesthetic of your interiors.
- Starting with a print cloth is one of the simplest ways to choose interior paint colours. Paint color inspiration can come from throw cushions, bedding, and even table linens. If you’re making an accent wall, go with the print’s brightest colours. Look at the shade in the fine elements of your print fabric if you want to choose a paint that is more subtle or for a wider space.
- Always test any paint colour you’re thinking about. You have to get the colour correct the first time when you’re investing gallons of paint and hours into your project.
Paint colors for home inspirations
For more tips, tricks, combinations, and inspirations on paint colours, check the following articles.
- Latest StoriesFeatured StoriesWall Coverings (Paints)
Paint is a pigmented coating used to protect, preserve, decorate, or add functionality to a…
- Latest StoriesBathroom Fittings, Accessories & FurnitureFeatured StoriesFenestrationFlooringsGypsum, PVC, POP False CeilingInterior DesignLightingPlumbing SystemsSanitarywareWall Cladding - Stone, TileWall Coverings (Paints)
All good bathrooms offer a sense of relaxation. And, all good bathroom designs address careful…