Bloomframe Window System is an innovative window concept that will actually surprise you pleasantly. But the obvious question you may ask is what could be so special about a window. Well, this window works as per your mood and command. It converts itself into a balcony where you can sit, have chit chat with your friends over a cup of coffee. When you want to go inside, it can fold back to its window form. It is truly an interactive balcony window.
And the next obvious question is wouldn’t it be cumbersome to open and fold this system, because something that can withstand the weight of several people, would definitely require some force and a lot of time to open and fold.
This interactive balcony window system offers the users a flexible living environment by reducing the visual clutter. You just open the window and walk out through the facade to enjoy outdoor space. This way you will also add light, air and space to your house.
This revolutionary and multi-award winning design, created by the Amsterdam-based architecture firm HofmanDujardin, has moved beyond the prototype stage. It is in production now and is being installed in various cities across the globe. You may soon find it in your country as well. The first model was installed in an apartment building in Amsterdam, designer by same firm HofmanDujardin. Bloomframe window could soon become a familiar element of the modern cityscape as more architects, developers and builders realize its considerable functional and aesthetic benefits. The Bloomframe window is manufactured by PortalP France and installed by Schipper Kozijnen Netherlands
PortalP France is responsible for the thorough engineering of the Bloomframe window. It has outstanding performances on the field of safety, construction, building physics and user friendliness.
- 3 models: L 1700 mm W x 2400 mm H , XL 2300 mm W x 2400 mm H, XXL 3000 mm W x 2400 mm H
- Fixed overall height of the aluminium frame: 2,360 mm.
- Variable overall width of the aluminium joinery: 1,700 mm – 2,300 mm – 3,000 mm.
- Guard rail height: 1,220 mm.
- Balcony available depth: 1,080 mm.
- Window aperture in two horizontal, hinged parts.
- Opening/closing control interface and touch screen.
- Partial (ventilation) or total (balcony/patio function) motorized opening outwards.
- Double glazing on the upper horizontal part greater than 33.8 mm (up to 47.5 mm on request).
- High resistance double glazing on the lower part (56.28 mm)
- Customizable interior trim and lateral guard rails with solid colours.
- Anti-corrosion surface treatments.
- Motorized locking and unlocking (4 point locks + 2 stop points).
- Optional safety functions: anemometer, temperature sensor.
- Optional comfort functions: spotlights, lower horizontal panel glazing colored/opaque (on request).
- 220V/50 Hz and 110V/60 Hz power supply.
- Acoustic comfort: up to 38dB RA,tr.
- Tested over 20,000 opening/closing cycles.
- Accessibility: compliant with P.R.M.* standard
- Tunnel and face mounted installation.
- Max. installed weight of a Bloomframe : 670 kg
- Opening and closing times: 55 seconds.
*Person with Reduced Mobility
Lower Panel Options
There are three options for the lower panel (floor):
Transparency + transparency (floor)
Transparency + sandblasted glazing (floor)
Transparency + colored glazing (floor)
Tactile interface for control and instructions
– User information
– Maintenance management Manual opening and closing system in the event of power failure
Anemometer and support
-To perfectly manage opening and closing of Bloomframe in relation to wind speed.
-As an additional security feature to the two-hand hold-down safety switch,
– Blocks opening/closing of the window when an obstacle is detected.
-Ambient lighting to take advantage of Bloomframe during the night.
-Holds back opening of Bloomframe if the outside temperature is higher or lower than the set limit
The Bloomframe window can be applied in renovations and new construction on every scale. It is suitable for private homes, apartment buildings, offices, hotels and cruise ships.