Ceiling lights come in different LED designs & price ranges. These decorative lights play an important role in deciding the ambiance of the house. Along with illumination, lighting influences the mood of the house and by extension its occupants.
The ceiling lightings are available in many designs, patterns, and budget options. From traditional to modern ceiling light and from glass to bamboo, you can choose from an endless range of ceiling light designs.
However, selecting this lighting, especially the false ceiling lighting is not as simple as it seems. In addition to ing, being visually appealing, these decorative lights must also match the standards of the basic house lighting rules.
- 1 General light tips
- 2 Lighting for different areas
- 3 Exclusive ceiling light prices and products
- 4 Conclusion
General light tips
- The main ceiling light must be bright. Using LED ceiling lights of appropriate wattage makes the room comfortable.
|Read more about LED lights here.|
- If you are hanging ceiling lighting, ensure that they are hung at an appropriate height. The standard height of lighting remains 7-8 feet above the floor.
- When installing 4-inch recessed lights can ensure 4 feet distance between them and 6 feet distance between 6 inches can.
- While choosing the false ceiling light designs, ensure that they match with and enhance the interiors of the space.
- Avoid floor lighting and low-hanging lightings for bedrooms that belong to kids.
- Choose those lighting for the home that comes with easy installation and maintenance.
- Install LED ceiling lights for homes as they come with new-age technology that makes them more flexible and efficient.
- Choose the ceiling light designs that solve the aesthetic as well as functional nuances of the space.
- Ensure that the false ceiling lighting that you choose is not too heavy for your false ceilings.
- Installing lighting with fans is not a simple task. It involves many wires and parts. Therefore, ensure that lighting with fans is installed properly.
- If you install square lights in a room, ensure that the remaining lighting fixtures have the same shape. The same rule is applicable for round lights. If the lighting fixtures have different shapes, the overall look does not come out well. Therefore, geometrical symmetry is essential.
Lighting for different areas
Ceiling lights for living room & hall
Image Source: Amazon
The lighting for living room usually follows the concept of layering. The lighting for living room must be capable of accommodating functionality for an array of activities.
Usually, people spend a lot of time in the living room. They engage in tasks like relaxation, playing games, watching T.V., conversations, etc.
Therefore, the lighting for living room must offer ambient, task, and accent lighting.
Ceiling lights for bedroom
Image Source: Etsy
The primary concern of lighting for bedroom is to offer comfortable lighting that allows task lighting. The lighting for bedroom offers ambient lighting. For additional task lighting, you can install wall scones, bedside lamps, and other lighting fixtures.
Bedrooms generally have one center point. Hence, you can install lighting with fans and get wholesome benefits. The lighting with a fan enables lighting and air-circulation both of which are extremely important.
TIP: If you don’t want to crowd your nightstand you can install wall-mounted lightings or a decorative light on either side of the bed as your bedside lighting. You must use LED ceiling lights for the bedroom with dimmer switches. This way, you can control the level of brightness as per your mood and need.
Ceiling lights for kitchen
Image Source: Sparrows and Lily
Kitchen lighting must be installed carefully. Being one of the most functional spaces of the home, the kitchens need perfect task lighting.
Modest lighting set up for the kitchen must include general lighting for ambient lighting, undercabinet lighting, and a pendant light over the countertop.
TIP: You can go one level up by installing motion-activated lighting for your kitchen.
Ceiling lights for bathrooms
Image Source: i.pinning
This is a common issue that arises with bathroom lighting. So, it is advisable to install central hanging lighting with an additional wall-mount fixture on the mirror.
Ceiling lights for dining rooms
Image Source: Lightology
Dining rooms need both ambient and task lighting. the dining table remains the primary focus for lighting. Therefore, the decorative light for dining room is placed directly above the table.
However, in addition to the light design, the walls of the dining room must also be given a serious thought. If your room has a dark-coloured wall, you will need decorative lighting for dining room with more lumens as it reflects less light.
If you have an oval or rectangular table, install multi-light pendant lightings. A single pendant or a chandelier looks best with round or square tables.
Ceiling Lights for office
Image Credits: stampinfool
Lighting remains an integral part of the office. It has a great impact on the occupants. The office lighting affects the working and decision-making capabilities of the people.
Moreover, installing light control systems saves energy and makes the office lighting productive.
Do not overflood the office with lights. Your lighting should be in layers. A general ambient lighting setup with task lighting for individual workspace offers perfect office lighting.
The ceiling lights price range is vast. You can get lighting for home from a luxurious to an affordable decorative lights price range easily. So, all you need to focus on is the lighting requirements of your installation area.
|Read more about false ceiling lighting and check out the latest light designs|
Exclusive ceiling light prices and products
Gold & Black Crystal Rectangle Chandelier by Starry Night
Ceiling light price: Rs. 56,000.00
Helix Twins Pendant Brown Hanging Lamp
Heracleum Foliage Crown by Ivanka Lumiere
Ceiling light price: Rs. 120,000.00
Veli Mini Ceiling Lamps by Lightandyou
Ceiling Pendant Light Price: Rs.24,212.00
Out Of Box Ceiling Lamp by Oorjaa
Ceiling Light Price: Rs. 158,834.00
Ceiling Light Price: Rs. 8085.00
Looper Rose Gold by Jainsons Emporio
Ceiling Light Price: Rs. 73,200.00
Understanding the technicalities associated with decorative lighting for home becomes as important as choosing the fixture.
So, one must not make one-dimensional decisions. There are a lot of aspects that need equal attention.
Also, the location of the lighting for homes, their shadow areas, their wiring, and the demands of different areas must be understood thoroughly before buying lighting.
All such details and the unique tips offered in this article will surely help you understand the lighting requirements of your home and make better choices accordingly.